We power the world’s most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people.
KAR Auction Services (NYSE: KAR) provides sellers and buyers across the global wholesale used vehicle industry with innovative, technology-driven remarketing solutions. KAR’s unique end-to-end platform supports whole car, financing, logistics and other ancillary and related services, including the sale of approximately 3.4 million units valued at more than $40 billion through our auctions in 2018. Our integrated physical, online and mobile marketplaces reduce risk, improve transparency and streamline transactions for customers in 76 countries. Headquartered in Carmel, Ind., KAR has more than 15,000 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
Come join us in our BRAND NEW state-of-the-art corporate headquarters in Carmel, Indiana! Building amenities include full-service cafeteria, large fitness center (free access for full-time employees), on-site clinic (through OurHealth), outdoor working spaces and social hubs and focus rooms on every floor.
Reporting to the Treasury Director, this position will perform financial/treasury related duties, responsibilities, and analysis. The responsibilities will be heavily weighted towards the Automotive Finance Corporation (AFC) treasury related functions. Within this role, you will perform all duties assigned by the Treasury Director and must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times while ensuring that no company or customer information is inappropriately divulged to unauthorized parties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assume the role of primary treasury contact for AFC. Primary responsibility will be the daily cash management operations for AFC and AFCI including prior day reconciliation, cash reporting, and cash accounting. Also, will be processing AFC payments, setting daily cash position and foreign exchange transactions. As necessary, will work with Treasury and AFC Finance Department on projects as assigned.
- Play a role in the global consolidation of KAR Global’s Treasury Department so as to minimize borrowing and maximize interest income.
- Work on various projects and perform analysis as requested. A partial list of projects includes:
- Elimination of Cash Payments (Checks)
- Improvement of Cash Reporting
- Improvement of Working Capital
- Maintain current knowledge of the latest treasury management techniques and technology.
- Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention.
- Maintain professional relationships with current and prospective banking partners.
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of professional attitude and performance.
- Ensure proper follow-through on directives, bulletins and schedules from the Corporate Treasurer and/or other auction and corporate sources. Complete, in a timely manner, all appropriate duties assigned by the Treasury Manager.
- Maintain a good flow of communication with the Finance Department and other department employees.
- Monitor all working area conditions and equipment to ensure they are within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety. Advise Facilities of all breakdown and maintenance needs immediately.
- Make sure all area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in finance or accounting with a concentration in treasury, cash management, and/or banking is required.
- A CTP credential is preferred.