At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Unit Manager who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Unit Manager supervises staff assigned to the unit and oversees unit program.Â They perform liaison functions throughout the facility by attending a variety of administrative meetings, which links the unit to the total facility operation.Â This individual also provides for the unit to be fully staffed and oversees the manner in which manpower resources are expended in the unit.Â Lastly, they will monitor and assesses the unit's progress with an emphasis on remedying any deficiencies.
- Directly supervise staff assigned to the unit in the performance of their duties and evaluate as prescribed by facility and corporate policy.
- Participate in recruiting, hiring and orienting assigned staff.
- Communicate responsibilities, authorities and accountability to all direct subordinates so that they are defined and understood.
- Complete written evaluations on all staff under direct supervision; review and approve staff evaluations completed by subordinate managers or supervisors in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Routinely review subordinatesâ payroll records and the use of overtime.
- High school diploma, GED certification, or equivalent is required.
- Three years of experience in a criminal justice field, which includes two years in a supervisory capacity or two years as a CoreCivic Case Manager or Correctional Counselor,Â is required.
- Additional qualifying education may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience on a âCoreCivic Wayâ unit management team that includes time served as an acting Unit Manager may be substituted for the aforementioned qualifications.
Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles and practices of correctional facility management, supervision, and training as well as knowledge of, pertinent corrections laws, rules and regulations.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21Â years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOEâ M/F/Vets/Disabled.