Performs various kitchen cleaning and storage activities such as dish and pot washing, general kitchen cleaning, and the storing of food and non-food supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Operates dishwashing machine to properly wash and sanitize all dishes, silverware, glasses, utensils, and cooking equipment.
• Sets up and maintains dish and pot washing areas.
• Cleans production equipment as needed or directed by supervisor.
• Removes waste from building on a regular basis.
• Maintains or exceed standards of appearance, cleanliness, hygiene, and health standards.
• Follows daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
• Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures.
• Assists with food preparation and plating when necessary.
• Attends all in-services as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Previous experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Language Ability:
o Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Cognitive Demands:
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
o Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
o Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
o Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
o Supports organization's goals and values.
o Balances team and individual responsibilities.
o Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
• Works primarily indoors in a climate-controlled setting.
• Possible exposure to extremely hot water.
• Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
• Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
• Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision.