The Vehicle Maintenance Technician is responsible for preventive maintenance and repair of the busses and support equipment.
- Provides maintenance and repairs for the fleet of Busses on a daily basis in order to meet fleet availability requirements
- Performs all maintenance and repair activities in compliance with OEM requirements, the maintenance program and associated SOPs
- Supports servicing staff in ensuring Streetcars are serviced and clean for service availability
- Supports Maintenance Manager in the care and maintenance of the facility and shop equipment that is utilized for maintenance and repair of busses
- Adheres to all safety and organizational rules, policies and procedures
- Supports Transportation staff to ensure timely pullouts from the yard for revenue service on a daily basis
- Supports Transportation staff in troubleshooting and towing disabled vehicles back to the shop whenever required
- Reports all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences and accurately completes all required reporting and documentation
- Other duties as required
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Relevant training or certification in a related technical field is preferred
- Possess a valid Indiana Driver License
One to Five years experience in vehicle maintenance and/or a related field (e.g.HVAC, electrical/mechanical, electronics or aeronautics) is preferred. Equivalence of experience and education will be considered.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must be able to read and comprehend technical specifications and manuals
- Must have good oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to work amid constant interruptions, prioritize and deal with time pressured deadlines and be able to clearly communicate during such occasions
- Must submit and successfully pass drug testing, criminal background check and verification of previous employment
- Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination
- Must be able to pass periodical DOT physical examinations and random drug/alcohol screens as this is a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules, including weekends as needed
- This position requires the wearing of a company paid uniform
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in all types of conditions (e.g. weather, rain, dust, noise, heat, cold, etc.)
- Job requires standing, bending, stooping, kneeling and walking throughout the shift
- Must handle parts and equipment ranging from 10 to 50 lbs.
Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities.www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check