The Visual Communications Designer is responsible for the execution of the marketing goals of the organization that include brand management, visual content creation and design, UI/UX for digital marketing including web and social, as well as general marketing support for Hopebridge centers. The position requires a passion for the mission of Hopebridge, a self-starter, strong organizational and communication skills, timeliness, attention to detail, critical thinking, and a strong understanding of traditional and digital marketing communications, design, and Adobe Creative Suite.
The Visual Communications Designer will need to help the marketing team build a comprehensive, multi-channel marketing plan that builds brand awareness, provides patient referrals, educates the Autism community, entices potential candidates for employment and measures the return on our marketing investments. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, keen focus on detail, and have impeccable communication and leadership skills.
• Provides leadership in the conceptualization and development of visual content and designs communication that delivers high quality consistent messaging with Hopebridge brand identity.
• Extremely detail oriented with impeccable design abilities and a distinct eye for color, pattern, typography, and conveying best design principles.
• Ability to take projects from conception through production to final output of digital and traditional projects.
• Understand end-user needs, perspectives and translate into project output that achieves company goals and objectives.
• Gather insights and recommend direction based on iterative feedback from stakeholders.
• Designs, creates, and monitors visual content for various platforms including social and paid media, display ads, blog, email, e-newsletters, collateral, websites, tradeshow booth, and other materials.
• Ensures all visual brand standards are executed properly and serves as the staff resource for issues related to brand usage.
• Stays aware of design trends and changes in the marketplace as it relates to the industry of autism.
• Develops and maintains a library of current visual materials including brand graphic elements and photos.
• Have a good attitude and able to take feedback positively and productively.
• Organizes workload for efficient time management and meets multiple schedule deadlines on time.
1. Creative Thinking
2. Thinks big and loves a challenge
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
4. Eye for Aesthetics and Details
5. Time Management
6. Organizational Skills
7. Communication Proficiency
8. Collaboration Skills
9. Teamwork Orientation
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Light travel may be required for this position.
1. B.A. in design, advertising, marketing, or related field of study.
2. Strong understanding of full Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects.
3. Portfolio submission demonstrating expertise and design leadership across diverse mediums and tactics is required to be considered
4. Excellent communication, presentation, and editing skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. 5-7 years' experience in design or related field.
2. Ability to develop motion graphics and video.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position.
Work is performed in a office environment. Work can be interuptive at times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employee's realm of responsibility.
Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.