Ref ID: 01400-0011185938
Classification: VP/Director of Finance
Compensation: $120000.00 to $125000.00 yearly
External financial reporting includes responsibility over all GAAP, statutory, SEC and other compliance filings for the OneAmerica organization. This includes all reporting requirements for OneAmerica Financial Partners, American United Mutual Insurance Holding Company, American United Life Insurance Company, The State Life Insurance Company, Pioneer Mutual Life Insurance Company, OneAmerica Securities, OneAmerica Separate Account Trusts and OneAmerica Foundation.
This individual will be responsible for managing the external audit processes for OneAmerica and our external auditors. This individual will also be responsible for managing other regulatory audits and day to day communications as well including state inquiries, FINRA inquires, etc.
This role will be responsible for staying current with emerging financial reporting trends and issues.
Role requires frequent interaction with corporate finance leaders, line of business finance teams, legal, and corporate actuarial. Demonstrated ability to understand complex business lines and distill complexity into succinct insight required.
This individual will be responsible for managing a team of corporate finance professionals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA required in addition to 6+ years of experience in public accounting and/or the insurance/financial services industry.
• Strong technical GAAP and Statutory accounting skills with the ability to research highly technical and complex accounting issues.
• An understanding of emerging industry issues and emerging regulatory changes
• Outstanding, demonstrated analytical skills combined with high level of intellectual curiosity.
• Disciplined and highly organized – capable of running complex cross-functional processes.
• Ability to move comfortably from hands-on detail to the well-summarized and professionally presented big picture.
• Maintains strong collaborative skills and ability to build trust with multiple stakeholders.