As a VP within our organization you will have the opportunity to perform the following types of activities:
- Provide subject matter expertise to define, support and drive the technology solutions for Payer Digital activities to accurately diagnose the client issues and opportunities and determine appropriate digital solution to advance client business objectives
- Drive digital sales and revenue growth for the Payer Technology practice within Optum Advisory Services as well as sales that result in broader growth across Optum Payer portfolio of products and services
- Develop new technology strategies for Digital Payer consulting services opportunities that enhance the ongoing strategic business relationship between Optum Insight and payer market clients
- Ensure quality assurance methods are implemented across all client delivery projects
- Leverage your personal network to identify new payer clients and expand existing payer client business
- Build technology roadmap for our clients and partners to implement their digital strategies, including integration of applications, technology, and/or tools.
- Requires proven sales / business development acumen, with ability to sell large transformation engagements
- Requires proven ability to work and manage in a matrixed environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- 15+ years of extensive Payer market experience
- 6+years of experience in Digital (including, but not limited to Intelligent Automation / bots)
- 10+ years of working in a Professional Consulting Organization, performing large deal sales and consulting services to strategic external clients (individual deal size $3M+ with total sales of $10M annual) OR a payer organization
- Ability to travel 75%+
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Big 4 / Strategy Consulting Experience
- 8+ years of call center experience
- Strong demonstration of building long term relationships across the “C” suite with payer market clients
- Proven engagement with clients (e.g., boards and executives) and ability to provide valuable insights and logical explanations when faced with difficult questions
- Ability to think strategically, proven experience laying out technology strategy, developing solution offerings from ground up that are sold in the commercial market
- Proven problem-solving skills (identification of issue, causes, solution, implementation plan)
- Personal network for C-Suite executives in the payer market
- Program / change management – strong complex program and change management, project/program P&L management, large scale oversight and delivery
- Experience writing and executing business plans for new consulting solution offerings
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Digital Strategy, Consulting, Health Plan consulting, technology solutions, Payer technology, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Work at Home, Remote, Managing Director, Sr. Manager, Director, VP