Healthcare leaders turn to Optum Advisory Services (OAS) for guidance, insights and practical strategies to help assert control over their organization’s future. We are more than just consultants. We are also operators with real-world healthcare experience, which helps clients hardwire and sustain more meaningful results that would otherwise not be achievable. As integrators across Optum, we deliver unique client-focused strategies and impact. Our proven track record driving success across the entire healthcare continuum empowers clients to grow, thrive and disrupt.
The Vice President of Advisory Analytics Services will be focused on the commercial growth of managed analytic services. This key role will be responsible for managing a portfolio of customers and prospects, building analytical partnerships, selling managed service solutions to key stakeholders, ensuring quality, client satisfaction, and for implementing and delivering the solution that leverages data, reporting and analytics to inform business decisions, improve health outcomes, advance care delivery, and mitigate risk for our commercial healthcare client needs. This position will oversee a team of reports.
Success in this role will be measured on the ability to grow our managed analytics consulting portfolio that will enable healthcare stakeholders to identify and prioritize opportunities, and drive efficient care management and increase program effectiveness. Additional success indicators will include net promoter scores, revenue targets and ongoing delivery management.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded, influential leader with 10+ years of experience leading in health systems, have proven success in client facing value proposition delivery services, understand the complex health data landscape, how EMR systems integrate into analytics, and show ability to drive value, capabilities and data assets. The successful candidate for this role will also have a proven track record of managing multiple client relationships and delivering solutions that prove an understanding of commercial market client needs. Analytics experience is preferred.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of experience leading in health systems / provider
- 6+ years of experience working in Management Consulting as a Senior Manager, Associate Partner, or Partner level for consulting OR Senior Leadership experience at the Strategy VP level or above within a large healthcare organization
- 3+ years of experience in building and managing a pipeline in a services business to drive growth
- Background in meeting or exceeding team sales targets of $50M
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Educational background in a clinical discipline
- Health plan experience
- Outlined understanding of complex health data landscape, how EMR systems integrate into analytics, and ability to drive value, capabilities, and data assets
- Health plan or health system analytics
- Strong business development background in a consulting environment
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make healthcare work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where healthcare has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. The role is also eligible to participate in UHG’s annual bonus and long-term incentive plans. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telecommute, remote, work from home, healthcare consulting, analytics consulting, health plan consulting, business development, 920056