In addition to HR Business Partner responsibilities for CEO & HR business lines (detailed below), the VP is also responsible to provide leadership and build capabilities within the HRBP team, and to collaborate with other HR functional leads to ensure the HR department delivers on its strategic plan. Additionally, the VP will lead the HRBPs in Empowerment with Accountability and holding the HRBPs accountable to individual development, goal plans, and leading the assigned business lines from an HR perspective.
HR business partners (HRBPs) work closely with a business unit’s senior leaders to ensure the HR strategy is aligned with the business strategy. HRBPs are responsible for ultimately developing human capital strategies based on business needs which requires involvement of HR at a senior level and at an early stage in the business planning process. HRBPs must collaborate, consult and make recommendations with internal clients (leaders at all level of the organization) on HR matters including change management, organizational development, performance management, leadership development and support of HR processes, policies and procedures. The HRBP is the HR point of contact for these leaders and is therefore the channel that members of a division will use to communicate & collaborate with other HR functional areas. HRBPs collaborate with other HR functions (recruiting, training, advancement and placement) of new and current associates.
- Develops & aligns strategies with business and across HRBP team
- Contributes to management team’s strategic decisions through use of consistent data
- Fosters systems thinking, customer focus
- Craft & implement enterprise-wide strategies to chronic challenges
- Developing the next generation of leaders
- Understanding the talent needs of the business
- Adjusting HR strategies to respond to changing business needs
- Measure & monitor existing policies & procedures
- Supports the Company way and culture through recommendations, actions and words
- Tracking workforce trends inside and outside Company
- Designing HR programs to support organizational culture
- Keeping the line updated on HR initiatives
- Ensures issues are resolved quickly
- Helps move manager/associate conflicts to timely resolution
- Creates appropriate solutions to individual associate challenges
- Models collaboration skills throughout organization.
- Manage conflict between managers/associates
- Helps build workforce commitment & engagement
- Ensures fair, ethical, and equitable people processes and practices
- Understanding the organization’s culture and what is effective and what is ineffective
- Ensure organizational change management model is considered and executed appropriately throughout the HRBP team
- Consultant in organizational effectiveness
- Assists line managers to lead & facilitate change
- Enhances management development
- Leading the HRBPs by leading the organization (managing change, problem solving, setting vision, managing the work), leading self (ethics, integrity, drive, purpose, increasing self-awareness), and leading others (communicating effectively, developing others, valuing differences, managing team).
- Forms and maintains strong collaborative relationships with all levels of leaders in assigned area, and specifically with senior managers.
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver effective, efficient and consistent service to clients that reflect the business objectives of the enterprise.
- Designs, implements and monitors a variety of human resources-related programs by analyzing trends and metrics.
- Anticipates and plans for long-term human capital needs and trends in partnership with assigned business unit and enterprise.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Identifies top talent within the organization in partnership with business leaders.
- Coaches and mentors business managers into people managers
- Develops workforce capabilities that include workforce planning, succession planning, workforce development, training needs assessment and skills gap analysis.
- Communicate in an engaging way and consult visibly with line management.
- Works closely with management and associates to drive engagement
- Leadership – skills and behaviors that contribute to superior performance including skill development, managing change, solving problems and making decisions, and managing the work.
- Business Acumen – Strong understanding of overall business mission and strategy. Aligning the business unit objectives with the human capital strategy.
- Communication – to articulate perspectives in an engaging way
- Confidence - to assert perspectives on people issues in a way that is perceived to add value to overall business objectives – even if it proves unpopular.
- Consultative - understanding of how to work with and be proactive in an environment of continuous change and to facilitate the changes the business unit aims to achieve while maintaining change management principles.
- Analytical – ability to use data to provide leaders with information to guide them in strategy and decision making.
- Collaboration - ability to deliver business outcomes through making best use of HR functions and resources both inside and outside of HR department.
- Insightful - Assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, clarity with how HR priorities fit with business priorities.
Required Education and Experience
- 5+ years leadership experience leading HRBP or similar level of HR professionals
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 10+ years HRBP, HR generalist or specialist experience with trend of increasing responsibilities
- Or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
Specialized depth or breadth of expertise in HR disciplines including:
- Compensation practices
- Organizational development
- Employee relations
- Diversity & inclusion
- Performance management
- Change management
- Human resources data analytics/interpretation
- Local, state & federal employment laws
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Professional certification preferred