This role is the key leader responsible for overseeing Plant Operations and Manufacturing Quality Assurance for four Plants within one facility. This position takes the lead in furthering the company’s mission in the key areas of Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory, and Employee Development.
- Ensure Operations achieves the business goals of the business, customer expectations, and the safety and welfare of the associates.
- Major emphasis on developing and executing aggressive growth plans consistent with historically high growth.
- Manage a world-class, customer-centric team, motivating and leading staff, increasing revenues, driving LEAN manufacturing culture, driving manufacturing strategy, and improving profitability.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding established performance metrics, formulating and administering Operations policies in cooperation with functional peers, overall facility execution, managing organizational structure adjustments as needed and continuous process improvement.
- Assist in the development of refined Safety program enhancements to achieve company objective of zero incidents.
- Assist in the development of refined Quality program enhancements to achieve company objective of zero internal and external defects.
- Ensure proper coordination of all people, processes, and materials to achieve company objective of 100% Complete and On-Time delivery.
- Assist in the development of refined CI methods and programming to reduce total cost.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on long-term manufacturing and capital planning needed to support the business’ mid- and long-term business planning needs.
- Participate directly in the SIOP process and assist with refinement wherever possible.
- Assign responsibilities, delegate authority and select, orient and train direct reports. Leads staff by coaching, counseling, motivating and disciplining as needed; plans, monitors and appraises job results.
- Responsible for ensuring positive employee relations are continuously being developed and maintained by direct reports.
- BA/BS Engineering degree required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years Senior Manufacturing leadership role within a CPG manufacturing environment. Preferably Food with aseptic process experience.
- Comfortable working with a highly complex portfolio mix with several diverse manufacturing technologies.
- Experience working in FDA regulated industry (Contract manufacturing, CPG food or Nutritional products).
- Experience in a continuous process improvement environment.
- Plant output responsibility in excess of $200MM.
- Results driven leadership style with a disposition toward servant leadership. Lead by example with both time and energy committed to achieving all objectives.
- Comfortable working with multiple systems including ERP, Windows suite, etc.