Company is seeking a Vice President, Retail Channel responsible for building/executing a holistic retail vision and strategy that will deliver profitable above-market growth. This role will have P&L responsibility and lead the overall activity for the channel. Responsibilities include developing new business and increasing sales in a cost-effective manner through marketing, programs, and strategic planning processes. The incumbent will be an integral part of the product development process, making trade-off decisions to ensure Company stretch goals are achieved. This position will be accountable for advancing the Company’s vision and strategy and working across channels to achieve breakthrough performance.
This position reports to the President of Company and resides at the Company’s headquarter located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Directs the development and maintenance of the long-range operational forecasts regarding sales, market share, financial requirements, human resource needs, organizational plans, etc. and the projected effects of these forecasts on the retail channel investments, revenues and profitability.
- Maintains a vigilance of and exercises sound business judgment in such areas as market conditions, consumer insight, competitive activities, general economic conditions and related matters.
- Reviews and directs the development of new opportunities and requirements for existing and new products.
- Develops, implements and adjusts strategies to optimize revenue, profitability, and market share for the retail channel. Develops awareness for the customer’s products and service needs and maintains or enhances customer relations.
- Champions a clear channel of communication and coordination between functional counterparts – product, marketing, finance, operations, human resources, etc.
- Responsible for cross-functional coordination and specification of effective processes and standards for support departments.
- Regularly evaluates organizational capabilities and gaps to ensure sustainable long-term growth of the retail channel.
- Actively develops direct reports and ensures the planning and development of successors for the channel’s key leadership positions.
- Identify and cultivate areas of new business with channel to further expand business in new market segments while assessing the impact on other channels.
- Lead and oversee sales and channel teams to maximize customer satisfaction, sales volume, market penetration and growth.
- Lead and participate in sales presentations, negotiations, and sales meetings with key external and internal industry stakeholders. Initiate, strengthen and grow direct relationships with major customers in channel.
- Conduct P&L and key metric reviews with the senior team to identify growth and opportunities for improvement.
- Oversees development/execution of channel marketing strategy.
- Works collaboratively with the marketing and brand team to ensure consistency in brand experience across touchpoints.
- Provides input into the product roadmap based on data, analytics and customer insights aligned to support channel growth targets.
- Scopes the long-term opportunity, building out a 12-18 month roadmap of activities and capabilities.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related area; Masters preferred.
- Significant experience in sales, operations, leadership and direct budget and P&L responsibility.
- Demonstrated success developing new profitable business with retailers.
- Extensive product knowledge and experience.
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, data analysis, channel management, sales and marketing, and change management.
- Demonstrated ability to affect positive change through organizational alignment in a highly matrixed environment is required, including experience leading a cross-functional team with and without direct reporting accountability.
- This person must possess highly developed communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with external partners and customers.
- Must be influential with customer decision makers and positively represent Company Faucet Company’s interests while aligning DFCs goals with channel partners.
- Must be a creative problem-solver and be able to challenge the status quo to drive action.
- Travel up to 25% is required.