The Staff VP Technology will lead a team responsible for cyber security operations, information security and threat management.
- Plans, directs, and controls the resources and efforts of the Cyber Security Operations Center and is responsible for eliminating threats against the company.
- Refining and managing processes to minimize malicious acts against the organization.
- Creating and implementing appropriate controls to mitigate risk.
- Obtains resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things accomplished.
- Provides leadership in motivating subordinates to accomplish IT's goals and objectives.
- Develops a strong team through training and effective organizational development practices.
- Implements the policies, practices, and procedures of the company and Information Technology organizations.
- Establishes relationships with business users.
- Hires qualified staff for assigned areas or functions.
- Oversees entire business unit or all aspects of a centralized function.
- Participates with other executives to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions at the business unit level and ensures operations' effective achievement of objectives.
- Accountable for budgets.
- Coordinates project management across department & divisional line.
- Typically requires an advanced degree in Information Technology or a related discipline.
- 15+ years of experience leading project teams and providing direction for professional exempt employees.
- Any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) experience.
- Security threat management and information security experience.
- Expert knowledge of one or more specific technologies, and a broad understanding of the primary areas of a major corporate IT function.
- Good understanding of business operations.
- Prior leadership or management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, counsel and train staff.
- Strong executive presence and effective communication skills, including facilitation, consultation, negotiation and persuasion.
- Ability to communicate with customers about technical issues in non-technical terms.
- Understands the business processes that the system supports.
- Ability to manage across geographically diverse associates and vendor partners.