Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) is seeking an intern to join our team during the 2020 fall semester as a part-time or full-time intern and the internship could be extended through the spring 2021 semester. Our goal is to build bench-strength as well as increase our commitment to diversity in WFAM. This opportunity is ideal for a current undergraduate interested in working in a collaborative environment which is focused on personal and professional development while learning the investment management industry. The intern will be exposed to the day-to-day responsibilities of an analyst, and will gain comprehensive professional and industry experience.
The intern will have the opportunity to work with our investment teams and portfolio specialists to learn valuable skills for managing investment strategies as well as effective promotion and distribution of investment products. The intern will also gain exposure to other areas within the asset management business.
Some of the projects our interns might work on are:
• Pitchbook updates and management, especially on the fixed income side
• Investment teams' business standardization of templates and plan updates
• Pull data for full Morningstar and Lipper category data for all mutual funds (returns, % ranking, absolute rankings, risk statistics, etc for all funds in their categories including averages)
• Pull data from ESG reports to compare similar names and provide commentary to explain and reconcile difference in the ESG rankings for otherwise similar holdings
• Organize and distribute client and prospect meetings/activity reports for Investment teams. Systemize the process – and prepare for the conversion from Satuit to Salesforce.
- 1+ month of professional experience through internships, part-time, or full-time work
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
Other Desired Qualifications
- Completion of coursework in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting or related field
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.