The IT Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the infrastructure systems to meet the required SLA's for both the enterprise and customer facing operations. The ideal candidate will effectively manage multiple complex infrastructure systems and initiatives through careful coordination with a team of engineers/admins as well as business stakeholder groups.
The candidate will demonstrate practical technical leadership and oversight skills, and can engage at the strategic and management level while also getting involved as needed in tactical operations. The candidate should also have experience working within a global infrastructure, as well as experience leading a diverse team of engineers and administrators.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of infrastructure systems and initiatives within local, remote, cloud data centers, and widely distributed corporate network with the responsibility to ensure the various systems are stable, available, and reliable with the capability of meeting the goals and objectives of the business.
- Evaluate vendor proposals and negotiate terms. Hold vendors accountable for delivery and SLA terms.
- Serve as the liaison between the IT infrastructure team, operational departments, and other IT teams.
- Lead refresh and upgrade efforts.
- Manage employee and contractor engineering personnel.
- Report and communicate effectively to the Vice President of Infrastructure Services regarding all aspects of assigned projects, associated tasks, and related project recommendations.
- Successfully design, lead, and/or execute both small- and large-scale projects as needed and within specified budget restraints where required to meet established objectives.
- Develop plans, when required, to ensure: hardware and software upgrades, installs, changes, relocations, etc. are efficiently completed by the team as required.
- Recommend, plan, promote, manage, and enforce system and network security activities, policies and procedures.
- Recommend and implement new technologies and systems that will help in the improvement of the organization/business.
- Regularly work with other IT experts, consultants, programmers, etc., both internal and external to the company, as necessary.
- Manage, coordinate, and communicate on incidents and problems from inception to resolution, including root cause analysis; Drive continuous improvement for monitoring services and internal processes that encompass the completion of systems requests and production incidents.
- Create and maintain (and publish as necessary) documentation for various IT systems, networks, procedures, etc.
- Monitor and report on network and system performance and bandwidth requirements and provide proactive solutions for improvements and efficient resolution of any problems.
Directly accountable for the management of the following platforms:
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), HP, IBM Servers.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Network Services, such as DNS, DHCP, Network Policy and Access Services, Active Directory Federation Services.
- VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization, and application delivery platforms.
- Amazon Cloud services, Office 365, Azure.
- Cloud Services Providers, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure.
- Collaborate: Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicate Effectively: Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Instill Trust: Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Build Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Drive Engagement: Create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Drive Results: Consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Cultivate Innovation: Create new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Decision Quality: Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Plan and Align: Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Manage Conflict: Handles conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Action Oriented: Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Manage Ambiguity: Operate effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Minimum of 10 years of infrastructure management experience leading a team of technical engineers and admins, preferably in a global IT environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field is preferred; Two-year degree may be considered with appropriate experience.
- A technical leader and expert, with demonstrated success on highly complex projects.
- Ability to understand business practices, thrive in a fast paced and growing environment, while using good judgment and experience to resolve complex issues and challenges.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and customer requests while meeting or exceeding expectations.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft server infrastructure.
- In depth knowledge of high availability in a VMware, VSAN and Microsoft Windows server environment.
- In depth knowledge of Directory Services, Azure AD, ADFS, server management, automation and scripting, patching, clustering services, file and print server management.
- In depth knowledge of Azure and AWS cloud services, capabilities and opportunities.
- Microsoft, VMware, AWS, Cisco certifications are strongly preferred.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans