Kelly Government Solutions is currently seeking Electronics Technicians to support a top Defense Contractor in Indianapolis, IN. If you, or someone you know, maybe interested please apply online or send your resume to Justin Swearengin at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
- Performs any combination of the following tasks through verbal or detailed written instructions to manufacture/disassemble/rework/repair cable or harness assemblies.
- Duties include wire stripping, wire prep, basic point-to point wiring, and cable and / or chassis assembly including crimped and soldered pins.
- Basic mechanical assembly operations such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating, color-coding parts and assemblies, bonding, shrink sleeve operations and pin retention testing, and rack assembly and integration may be necessary or required.
- Conducts necessary in-process self-checks including continuity testing.
- Tends machines that cut, mark, and strips wire.
- Cleans and DE glosses parts using cleaning devices, solutions, and abrasives.
- May perform informal, in-process self-checks on manufactured items prior to submitting to authorized formal inspection and/or test personnel for determining product validation and final acceptance
- May assist other related job classifications when directed.
- Be able to interpret process routings, wiring diagrams and similar production planning documents or drawings.
- Must be familiar with the collection and analysis of data for Statistical Process Controls.
- Solder verification for cables and chassis work is required.
- Performs other required activities, as assigned.
- Two years desired but not mandatory
- A practical knowledge of point-to-point wiring and harness assembly, basic computer skills, and previous soldering experience is desired.
- Knowledge of IPC-610 and IPC-620 is desirable but not mandatory.
- The position requires the use of solvents, flux, thinners, and other cleaning compounds.
- Use of visual aids may be required such as magnification lenses, binocular microscopes, and specific personal safety equipment.
- Ability to achieve and maintain appropriate solder certifications is a requirement of the position.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must pass background check and drug screen
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.