Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
By delivering solutions across spectrums of health care Optum is focused on our aspiration of improving experiences and outcomes for everyone we serve while reducing the total cost of care. In support of this, OptumInsight's purpose is to connect the health care system with trusted services, analytics and platforms that make clinical and administrative processes valuable, easy and efficient for everyone.
OptumInsight provides analytics, research, consulting, technology and managed services solutions to hospitals, physicians, health plans, government agencies, life science companies and other industry partners. In addition to our many commercial clients, OptumInsight capabilities and technologies are leveraged by OptumHealth, OptumRx and our sister company UnitedHealthcare.
Revenue Cycle Senior Analysts / Managers will effectively communicate and build relationships with client management to assess their needs, and design and implement solutions based on Optum360’s methodology that meet or exceed specified engagement results. You will have demonstrated experience and political savvy working with client executives to maintain the appropriate level of client support and momentum throughout the relationship.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
Typical projects include, but are not limited to:
- Revenue cycle assessments
- Revenue cycle process improvement
- Alignment and implementation of client/partner processes and Optum360 technology
- Revenue cycle improvement / redesign
- Reimbursement and managed care
- Interim management (as applicable)
- Provide revenue cycle management services to client/partners in all areas of revenue cycle which includes:
- Patient access (scheduling, preregistration, insurance verification/financial counseling)
- Registration/Admission (ED, inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory)
- Health Information Management (transcription, coding, clinical documentation improvement)
- Patient financial services (charge capture, pre-billing, billing, follow-up, cash posting, account resolution)
- Decision support and analytics
- Presentation development
- Productivity and quality management
- Identify client/partner accomplishments barriers in achieving operational excellence
- Understand client/partner business metrics and results
- Evaluate and analyze client/partner data to understand trends in all areas of the operation
- Develop options and recommendations for client/partner improvement
- Understand and represent Optum360 technology and services and how they will improve client/partner operations
- Collaborate with client/partner revenue cycle team and other departments in order to facilitate resolution of process issues and implement world-class solutions
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) and appropriately influence various audiences and levels of client management including risks and recommendations to project management
- Plan, organize and prioritize project activities using work plans and other project management tools
- Provide informed feedback to Optum360 and client/partner executives including assessments of processes, standards, suggestions and improvements
- Assist in the sales process as requested
- Develop work plans, project tasks and manage projects in accordance with budget
- Provide interim staffing services as required
- Must meet minimum performance standards
- Willingness to learn new skills and desire to advance upward in the consulting organization
- Accountable for all decisions, actions, and directives with respect to job responsibilities
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare revenue cycle
- 1+ years of functional or technical experience with Epic
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Experience and comfort working at all levels of a health care organization
- Expert in MS Word and Excel and Visio
- Expert in Outlook and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of hospital-based IT systems
- Ability to probe, analyze, synthesize and articulate complex subject matter so it can be easily understood
- High degree of self-motivation, versatility and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to lead, direct and motivate others
- Ability to build effective team in order to accomplish goals
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Revenue Cycle Management Senior Analyst Manager, Revenue Cycle Management, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota