Responsible for providing administrative support, correspondence with authors, freelancers, readers and others related to content submissions, and reception for The American Legion Media & Communications Division, including direct administrative responsibilities for the deputy director of media and communications.
1. Maintains and handles author database, author queries and contracts, alibis files, manuscripts, copyright files, reprint requests and related customer and member queries.
2. Fulfills correspondence requests for back issues, query rejections, material submissions and other issues involving free-lancer or reader submitted material for print, digital and other media platforms.
3. Fielding telephone, e-mail and mail correspondences and answers them or directs them to the appropriate staff members, when necessary.
4. Facilitates user requests and questions for Legiontown-submitted material. Reviews and approves some specific content submissions on Legiontown.
5. Coordinates free-lancer payment, tracking for ongoing projects and other administrative needs.
6. Handles divisional office supply inventory.
7. Distributes magazine, Dispatch, Annual Report and other print publications to appropriate internal offices, including executives in all three buildings and directors, as well as externally to sources and others.
8. Handles submissions of cartoons and coordinates with cartoonists.
9. Provides administrative support for The American Legion Media Alliance (TALMA), including membership paperwork, Facebook group approvals and other duties.
10. Provides administrative support related to Fall Meetings, Spring Meetings, National Convention and other events that are part of the Media and Communications Commission, American Legion Amateur Radio Club membership/administration, and other duties as assigned.
11. Provides support for audio version of the magazine.
12. Handles transcriptions in a timely and accurate manner.
13. Special project leadership and execution, as assigned.
14. Backs up director’s administrative assistant and handles administrative duties in his/her absence.
15. Send out press releases.
16. Other duties as assigned.