Manpower Engineering and I am looking for a CAD Designer for manufacturing company in Indianapolis, IN (East Side). 6 Month contract to hire position
What you will be doing:
- Perform drafting and design duties using AutoCAD on the 2D side and Creo for 3D.
- Create and modify 2D CAD drawings to support process improvement activities.
- Create 3D models of production cells with equipment, fixtures, operators, and materials to identify issues and to communicate changes.
- Maintain facilities layouts for 210,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility within a master file structure.
- Utilize digital measuring devices to generate accurate floor plans and to provide layout floor markings for the move plan.
- Publish or plot layout exhibits per stakeholder request in multiple output formats.
- Implement AutoCAD drawing best practices and standards with layer management.
- Implement procedures to improve the CAD systems accuracy, security, and file sharing.
- Draw prototype equipment from engineering concepts for internal fabrication with 2D views and 3D modeling.
- Coordinate fixture design work through to completion with design review, in-house fabrication, and acceptance testing.
- Support the electronic work instructions by manipulating 3D views in Adobe Illustrator.
- Perform additional assignments to support process engineering projects.
Here's a summary of who we're seeking:
- Proficient in 2D AutoCAD: minimum 2 years (required)
- Minimum AS Degree in CAD (required)
- Experience with Creo or other 3D solid modeling program such as SolidWorks (required)
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment (required)
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
Nice to haves:
- Adobe Illustrator: nice to have - candidate needs to be willing to manipulate graphic files to support 3D illustrations