The Chief Customer Experience & Marketing Officer will report directly to the President and Chief Operating Officer for Optum. The executive leader will drive a growth mindset with a broad focus across the Optum businesses with the goal of streamlining how our cross functional teams collaborate and operate to support both our business partners and growth organization in an integrated and holistic way. This leader will focus on harnessing the power of enterprise capabilities and resources to enable a rich, customer-centric experience for our stakeholders.
The Chief Customer Experience & Marketing Officer will lead a unique team of customer experience, marketing and communications resources. We are looking for a strong enterprise leader to continue forging the goals of the organization which include but are not limited to:
- Enhancing the employee experience across the Customer Experience and Marketing Office
- Empowering Optum team members to embrace and act upon a customer-centric culture
- Building and supporting Optum enterprise growth via customer acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Delivering a simple, smart, and seamless experience that allows customers to realize value and enjoy an optimal experience
- Model positive, admirable leadership behaviors that are core to a culture of inclusion and diversity with a focus on developing talent and bringing out the best in people
- Execute on customer and business priorities through an end-to-end approach to improve customer experience and industry-leading Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Lead the development of an overall customer experience and marketing strategy that will drive profitable growth
- Oversee all aspects of the customer experience, marketing and communications office disciplines
- Lead diverse teams across the country with both direct and indirect reporting relationships
- Manage large complex budgets across a diverse set of segments
- Develop and enforce brand standards across business units, ensuring consistency and adherence to protect the integrity of the Optum brand
- Serve as a catalyst for innovation for the overall organization and actively seeks new ways to grow and improve
- Establish and achieve concrete measurement standards for all marketing and customer experience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from certain areas within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience leading B2B and/or B2C marketing organizations
- Expertise in driving data enriched marketing strategies, as well as marketing technology
- Strong lean toward outside-in, customer and market-focused perspective
- Disruptive thinker, willing to challenge conventional and siloed thinking, drive change and offer a unique viewpoint while maintaining respect and strong relationships
- Proven experience working in and effectively navigate a highly complex, fast-paced matrixed environment with a strong demonstration of collaboration
- Proven experience and expertise in healthcare, insurance or related industry (ex. Consulting, wellness, pharmacy, etc. preferred)
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically; can be both a strategist and a practitioner – someone who can shape, teach and influence as well as deliver on explicit targets and goals
- Displays a high degree of organizational agility – the ability to handle large-scale change programs, the comfort to influence without always having direct control, and the savvy to navigate complex situations with multiple stakeholders
- An effective communicator who shapes opinions, overcomes objections, and convinces others of vision and strategy by flexing leadership styles appropriately to meet situational and individual needs
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing new systems, programs, techniques, and procedures with a successful track record in achieving financial goals and objectives
- Demonstrated business management ability with a track record of building programs and strategies that drive real, measurable results
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare Leadership
- Masters or advanced degree (ex. MBA, MHA)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Customer Experience, Experience, Marketing,, Martech, Marketing Leadership, strategic marketing, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Work at Home, Remote, Los Angeles, CA, California, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Washington DC, District of Columbia, DC, Chicago, IL, Illinois, Boston, Massachusetts, MA, Salt Lake City, UT, Utah, Dallas, Texas, TX, Austin, Houston, San Antonio