DENTISTRY-CLINICAL AFFAIRS (IN-DSCA-IUINA)
The Indiana University School of Dentistry has been advancing oral health in the state and beyond since 1879, when it was founded as the Indiana Dental College. Over the past 140 years, we've become a national leader in preparing oral health professionals, conducting innovative research that has an impact on patients and the profession, and providing patient-centered care.
This position supports the Clinical Affairs department.
Serves as a liaison for clinical services activity by performing daily administrative, billing, and clerical support of the department as well as variety of non-routine tasks in support of the day-to-day clinical operations.
- Provides patient check-in and check-out, reviewing records to ensure patient insurance and demographics information is accurate and complete.
- Receive payments, confirm insurance eligibility, enter billing data, and resolve patient accounts.
- Coordinates scheduling of any patient appointments to allow for effective treatment and patient care.
- Assists with all inquiries in the clinic office including walk-in patients, scheduling clinic appointments, and follow-ups.
- Serves as a resource for clinical protocols and payment/billing information for patients.
- Assists in emergency or problem situations.
- Serves as back-up for clinical office staff as needed.
- Maintains office supplies, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Assists in maintenance and organization of patient medical records.
- May reconcile and analyze reports for rebilling and finalizing daily logs.
High school diploma or GED and six months of medical office experience.
Proficient communication skills. Maintains a high degree of professionalism. Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills. Demonstrates a high commitment to quality. Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Working Conditions / Demands
Ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Career Level: Foundational
Job Function: Health Services
Job Family: Clinic Operations
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or by visiting IUPD.