Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum 360's Business Intelligence Analytics team is looking for an innovative individual with technical and interpersonal skills to support our vision of taking our organization to the next level by providing effective and actionable insights through implementation of AI models and advanced analytics.
In this role you will be working alongside stakeholders, leadership, and a team of data scientists and engineers to develop innovative solutions and predictive and analytical models such as denials prediction model, risk based account scoring model, propensity to pay model to modernize revenue cycle and improve efficiency.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business needs and use case requirements
- work with business partners to define and document business and technical requirements for data and analytics projects
- participate in the development of innovative solutions to solve complex problems
- Perform exploratory data analysis to lead/assist with Advanced Analytics model development
- Testing, deployment, and maintenance of existing models
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as required
- Effectively communicate complex technical results to business partners
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in any of the quantitative/technical fields (Math, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or Economics)
- 3+ years of professional experience in advanced data analysis OR a Master’s degree plus 1 year of professional experience in advanced data analysis to include:
- Experience using data mining / data analysis methods, building and implementing models
- Supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Model validation, testing, and communication
- Languages like Python, R, Scala, or Spark
- ML frameworks like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, pandas, etc.
- Big Data frameworks like Hadoop and Hive
- Relational databases
- Requirements analysis
- Ability to analyze data, drive to root cause issue, identify trends, problem solve and provide key recommendations based on analysis
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master’s degree
- Health care industry experience/revenue cycle experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere : UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: data analyst, telecommute, remote, work from home, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN