Corporate Electrical Project Engineer, Leading Manufacturing Company – Indianapolis, IN
Your role with the Company:
This position is a highly visible corporate level position for a Sr Electrical Project Engineer for a very dynamic, profitable, Multi-Billion dollar WCM Manufacturing company. This engineer will manage multi-million dollar projects. Every project is different so you will not get bored. The boss is well-liked and respected. He has high expectations but gives his people a lot of latitude and does not micromanage. This engineer will apply sound engineering principles to provide appropriate technical solutions in all areas related to Electrical Engineering integrated with other engineering disciplines.
- Provide technical expertise carrying out and completing designs, engineering drawings, construction, installation and rebuilding of facilities and equipment within area of discipline.
- Develop solutions for the manufacturing plants to satisfy capacity, customer and quality constraints and ensure they fall within the Capital Plan.
- Supervise Capital Projects and interface with Contractors and other engineers during field installations.
- Prepare conceptual drawings budgetary project estimates and submit RFE s for approval.
- Provide project definition scope and site surveys.
- Develop work scopes, materials and labor cost estimates and submit RFE requests for proposed projects competitive bidding documents for equipment and contract work.
- Seek potential bidders, instruct and coordinate the bidding process as well as prepare bid packages and equipment specifications.
- Evaluate new processes and equipment and determine the benefits to the Corporation.
- Investigate circumstances surrounding each assigned project and prepare definition of objectives.
- Prepare calculations, design layouts and AutoCAD drawings as required for project study evaluation approval and installation.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent required.
- At least 5-7 years of related hands-on project engineering experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing large Projects and managing contractors in the field installations.
- Thorough knowledge of PLCs (Allen-Bradley preferred) and VFD's.
- Comfortable with high voltage to low.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%.
Why Work Here?
This multi-billion-dollar company is a global leader in glass and metals packaging. This is a growing company that produces packaging for many of the world’s leading food and beverage giants. US sales total around $2Billion and they employ about 5,000 people domestically.
- Growth oriented global company and a leader in their industry.
- It is a progressive, profitable, stable manufacturing company where you have job security.
- The plants are clean and well-maintained.
- Excellent opportunities for advancement both domestically and internationally.
- Strong career succession planning program.
- Capital spending is strong. Have invested millions of dollars in its plants for capital improvements.
- Fairly recession proof. Manufactures a consumer product that is consistently in demand.
- Strong management team.
- Company that values its employees.
- Strong bonus potential.
- Benefits begin day one! Competitive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability, 401K, pension, vacation, holidays.
- Comprehensive relocation package grossed-up for taxes including closing costs and realtors’ fees, moving of household belongings and home purchase if desired.
- Open to someone working remote.
- This is a unique business and a career within the organization will be both challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.