If you are located within 60 miles of Indianapolis, IN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.SM
Customer Service Representative (Enrollment) are responsible for assisting in the application process by capturing data from applicants and inputting that information into a web-based application.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Employees are required to have flexibility to work any assigned shift schedule within our normal business hours of 8:00am - 10:00pm EST, Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm EST, Saturday. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Assist applicants through application process via telephone (approx. 20 – 30 calls per day)
- Promote application completion and follow up with customers, if necessary
- Respond to member eligibility questions and verify enrollment status
- Work on simple tasks using established procedures
- Apply knowledge/skills to basic, repeated activities
- Solve routine problems by following established procedures
- Work with others as part of a team
This opportunity offers great potential for personal and professional growth within the growing health care industry, including a competitive compensation structure and excellent benefits.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) OR 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ years of data entry experience coupled with some telephone responsibilities OR 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, (Word – creating, saving, formatting and editing documents, Excel – ability to create, edit, copy, send and save spreadsheets, use basic formulas, Power Point – ability to create, edit, copy, send and save presentations), which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between the hours of Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EST and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone (using good grammar and a clear speaking voice)
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Prior stable work experience
- Reside within 60 miles of Indianapolis, IN with the ability to commute to the Indianapolis office at Woodland Drive for in-person meetings or in case of power/internet outages
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: sales, enrollment, customer service, data entry, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo, UHO1k