If you want to achieve more in your mission of healthcare, you have to be really smart about the business of healthcare. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what healthcare looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group (UHG) is seeking a Human Capital Technology Environment and Release Management Lead to manage Human Capital software environment and release management processes.
This role is a combination of strategy and process set up, hands-on execution to organize this new function within Human Capital Technology. This role will own the Release Management and Environment Planning and Management which includes scheduling, planning coordinating, testing, and managing releases for multiple Human Capital. Releases include application enhancements and bug fixes, operating system refreshes and upgrades, security improvements, projects and programs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform as a Project Manager and establish Environment and Release Management functions
- Plan and manage the release process end-to-end, from the planning of release content through actual release deployment to production
- Review submitted change requests for accuracy and completeness and manage change requests through review, approval, scheduling activities and closure activities
- Adopt creative thinking and demonstrate knowledge of Agile Methodology and iterative functionality improvements
- In the capacity of Environment and Release Manager, this role will interface and communicate with Test Leads, Project Managers, Human Capital Technology team, and Human Capital Systems
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget (if applicable), and that they meet or exceed defined measures of success
- Identify the risks that can delay release and manage them, so that the scope, schedule and quality of the release is not affected
- Control the version migration process as each version moves through the development and testing process
- Partner with teams to prioritize and scope scheduled releases with completion dates for each phase. Monitors progress of phases by developing and employing metrics and management reporting
- Facilitate release meetings. Plan and support test migrations and production deployments
- Support deployments across multiple environments through coordination with internal, technical, and project management teams
- Ensure completion of operational and technical documentation prior to software release for each application
- Gather necessary release notes and documentation prior to releasing to production
- Build and maintain a release calendar and environment matrix and work closely with leaders to plan and inform a centralized view of all releases
- Design, manage, and maintain environment and release practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics
- Drive continuous improvement to advance Environment and Release Management processes through trend reporting and metrics
- Partner with Test Leads on resource strategies, and specialized support as necessary to ensure release commitments are met
- Conduct meetings with Human Capital Technology and Human Capital Systems teams to discuss the release scheduled and identify release roadblocks
- Partner with subject matter advisors within Human Capital, IT, and the business to create applicable testing cases / scenarios
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Management Information Systems, Human Capital, Business, or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Project Management experience in a large enterprise
- Experience with Human Resources technology and processes
- Experience building and managing relationships across a large enterprise and matrix relationships
- Experience in working with Agile Methodologies
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Team management experience
- Work effort and environment maintenance estimation experience
- Experience demonstrating organization and communication in sequencing and scheduling of technology implementations
- Metrics and measurements reporting experience
- Experience coordinating cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Human Capital Management (HCM) implementation experience
- Knowledge of agile principles and experience managing projects and releases in agile methodologies
- Knowledge of testing techniques
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telecommute, remote, work from home, 919735