UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Be a part of the national marketing team responsible for creating and delivering marketing strategies for Medicaid plans across the country. Marketing managers work directly with their assigned regional partners to help them reach member acquisition and retention goals. Strategies include but are not limited to direct marketing and media campaigns as well as field marketing strategies and materials. Marketing managers must have deep knowledge of the business model supporting Medicaid growth as well as all initiatives taking place nationally. They will collaborate with local sales and health plan partners to suggest and implement state-approved strategies for each specific market.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop local media strategies as appropriate for markets and work with vendors to execute on those strategies in collaboration with growth leadership. Understand state marketing compliance guidelines for individual Medicaid markets and be able to apply them. Work with internal agency partners in the development of marketing assets
- Maintain collaborative relationships with national and plan growth partners
- Gain an understanding of the product, the community and the business plan for each of your assigned markets
- Provide reporting and understanding around local campaigns to national and plan leadership
- Have a basic understanding of the overall financial model and the specific marketing budget for each plan
- Help to promote best practices for national strategies in each of the plans you represent
- Manage the set-up and the delivery of field marketing materials; this includes updates for brand and for benefit/product changes each year
- There may be up to 25% travel associated with this position. Travel would be to assigned markets to support member events, community engagement and product kick-offs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Direct to consumer marketing experience
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Health care industry experience
- Experience managing agency partner relationship
- Customer / account management experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Marketing Manager Community & State, Marketing Manager, Marketing, Consumer Marketing, Healthcare, Health Care, Managing Agency, Customer Accounts, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare