UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
It's a big step forward when you realize that you've earned the trust to be part of a dynamic team. Now, let's determine just how big that step can be. Take on this fast-paced role with UnitedHealth Group and you'll be part of a team that's reshaping how provider networks evolve and how health care works better for millions. As a member of our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of Provider Networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
This position develops the provider network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary groups & facilities, etc.) yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners. Evaluates and negotiates contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls. Establishes and maintains strong business relationships with Hospital, Physician, Pharmacy, or Ancillary providers, and ensures the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Coaches, provides feedback, and guides others
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in a network management-related role, such as contracting or provider services
- 3+ years of experience using financial models and analysis to negotiate rates with providers
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS) and MS-DRG pricing
- Intermediate level of knowledge of claims processing systems and guidelines
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% to MN
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Familiar with the MN market
- Reside within the vicinity of Minnetonka, MN
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network Contract Manager, Network Management, Contracting, Provider Services, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote