No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Join a team dedicated to simplifying healthcare, enabling consumers and lowering costs thru innovative technology and services. Optum’s enterprise software products and services help health insurers grow and retain members while by providing cutting edge web enabled tools, web services and cloud technology that reduce paper and manual steps in the healthcare sales and underwriting process.
As Principal Software Architect and Technology Consultant, you will work as an Optum Architect and engineer to create cutting edge applications that support complex healthcare transactions. You will work closely with internal Optum product and engineering teams in validating priority and feature requests for major product releases and how these align to customer needs. Project work will include working directly with client business and technology staff to document and develop enterprise scalable solutions. This job is multifunctional and will include a combination of hands on software development as well as team leadership and client management responsibilities,
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and implement product features and components in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Full lifecycle development using visual studio, .NET, C#, Python, SQL, Mongo and other technologies
- Support cloud-based deployments using containers within Azure and/or AWS hosting environments
- Create architecture prototypes of new components and integration patterns using various protocols via JSON, SOAP, RESTful services/end points
- Ensure commercial customers requirements match product roadmap
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or similar degree or commiserate experience
- 10+ years of experience in a collaborative software development team
- 5+ years of experience with .NET, Visual studio and architecture/design tools
- Experience building and deploying software programs to cloud vendors including MS Azure and AWS
- Agile development experience including scrum or RUP
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience developing or using enterprise COT package solutions
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Insurance or Healthcare domain including front office/sales models or internal actuarial/underwriting models
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Advisory Services, Consultant, developer, telecommuter, telecommute, remote, work from home, Seattle, WA, Washington