TMC Transportation is the nation's largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you're seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary + monthly commission
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate full-time openings for a Driver Recruiter working out of our office in Brownsburg, IN.
The primary function of a Driver Recruiter is to research, recruit, interview, screen, and refer candidates to perform the essential qualifications of a prospective driver.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate contact with possible qualified candidates
- Review applications and telephone interview applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and to provide information about the organization and position
- Assist in performing reference and background checks on applicants
- Provides information on company facilities and job opportunities to potential applicants
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with candidates
- Arrange travel and lodging for out-of-town applicants
- 2 OR 4 year degree preferably in Transportation or Human Resource or equivalent work experience
- Ability to function in a high-volume fast-paced work environment and tolerate stress
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to all levels of candidates
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including good listening skills
- Possess courteous, yet assertive telephone personality
- Fluent in computer applicants and keyboard proficiency
- Previous experience in Driver Recruiting a Plus