Here at UnitedHealth Group, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Trainers with UnitedHealth Group have the opportunity to help train and educate talented individuals and exceptional professionals; a great opportunity to influence talent development and the delivery of training programs across the organization. In this role, the trainer/instructional designer will keep abreast of various training delivery techniques, business processes, products and systems in specific areas of expertise. This could encompass training of systems, products, and soft skills needed to support the Sales department at UnitedHealthOne.
- Conduct needs and audience analysis to identify and communicate appropriate training/solution needed to address the business need and/or achieve desired performance levels
- Facilitate initial, ongoing and continuous improvement training for various roles
- Design and develop training solutions
- Collaborate with SMEs, the sales center and sales operations leadership to provide accurate, relevant and effective training
- Develop new training courses, including course designs, activities, and all related materials, such as PowerPoints, job aids, participant activities, facilitator guides, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the business environment and sales requirements (e.g., strategy changes, emerging business needs)
- Build relationships and collaborate with peers, SMEs and the appropriate business partners by participating in meetings, presentations and information sharing
- Research/identify appropriate delivery approaches/media/methodologies (e.g., ILT, eLearning, webinar, virtual training, etc.) and obtain required approvals
- Identify/incorporate or develop appropriate learning activities/exercises needed to enable learners to achieve learning objectives (e.g., delivery timeframes, durations, techniques)
- Write scripts/talking points or supporting materials for learning activities (e.g., trainer, audio, video, case studies, quick reference guides, handouts, job aids, trainer/learner guides, audio/visual aids)
- Apply principles of adult learning and training best practices to create effective and innovative training design solutions
- Test, review and update created materials
- Develop tools/resources for evaluating/measuring post-training learning effectiveness
- Support a positive team environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma/GED and equivalent work experience
- 2+years of training and development experience
- 2+ years of experience conducting classroom training and/or seminar/workshop topics
- 2+ Years of curriculum development experience
- 2+ years of experience using pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge of various training delivery methods (Blended, Instructor-Led, Computer-Based, Webinar)
- Ability to collaborate and provide adult learning best practices/recommendations
- Advanced experience with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Drives for results individually and in a team setting
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- BA/BS degree
- Bilingual Spanish speaking skills
- 2+ years of instructional design experience
- 2+ years of advanced working experience with content authoring tools such as: Captivate, Adobe, Articulate Storyline 2/3, Camtasia and other authoring tools for web-based training
- 2+ years of experience with Adult Learning Theories
- Advanced knowledge of LMS systems and creating content that functions with a LMS
- Sales training and development experience
- Insurance training and development experience
- Adult learning experience design knowledge
- Experience in creating and implementing eLearning gamification
- Excellent communication and teambuilding skills
- Constant focus on solutions
- Ability to solve moderately complex problems on own
- Strong work ethic, independence, and dependability
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities while working in a fast-paced environment
- Effective interpersonal, influence, collaboration and listening skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Training, Trainer, Instructional Designer, Curriculum Development, Adult Learning, Blended Learning, Instructor led, Web Based Training, LMS, Sales Training, eLearning, UHC, UnitedHealthcare, Indianapolis, North Richland Hills, IN, Indiana