Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products and produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
The Transportation Specialist is responsible for the execution of the daily planning activities, Track and Trace, carrier tendering duties within the corporate transportation operations department, TM system and plant personnel.
- Day to day operation of SAP TM, Fourkites, Dock Appointment Scheduler, and SRG (standard routing guide)
- Assist with track and trace of Bulk liquid and packaged freight in transit and report to customer service and plant point of contacts for on time and proof of delivery metrics
- Planning loads within the dock appointment scheduler (DAS)
- Maintaining the SRG to ensure the carriers selected are providing best in class service, cost effective savings for the company
- Provide Ad hoc analytical data from SAP TM and Fourkites system
- Work directly with Fourkites on reporting, tracking, and tracing for KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reporting
- Ensuring on time pickup and delivery promise is maintained and driving Corrective Action Plan.
- Ability to monitor/schedule shipments in and out of off sites, and any other movements as needed
- Provide root cause investigation on any logistics incidents
- Work with logistics management to identify any incidents, identify root cause, and corrective action if necessary
- Train plant personnel, carriers, and internal business partners on new processes within SAP TM, Fourkites, DAS, and any other applicable systems
- Own and maintain Master Data within SAP and SAP TM
- Provide support for measurement of Group standard HSEE and Hazardous Material requirements
- Work with planners, plant personnel to plan, monitor, and control transportation management activities including but not limited to movements and demurrage activities
- Able to step in to assist Procurement with RFQs, spot quotes
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with carrier’s terminal dispatchers, and managers to understand capacity constraints in the need to be prepared to cover routine and expedited shipments
- Support Logistics KPI dashboard
- Provide data to drive increased performance levels, efficiency, and increased customer service
- Competencies: Adaptability, Problem Solving, Team Leadership, Quality Focus, Planning and Organization, Business Performance Analyst, Cost maintenance/Internal Controls Assessment, Process management
- Willing to travel 0-5%
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration OR equivalent work experience
- 1 or more years of experience in manufacturing, transportation, or related field
- Specialized training and certifications
- Working knowledge of Hazardous Materials experience
- Transportation planning experience
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.