In this newly created role, you will serve as a highly collaborative leader within the Optum Technology organization, working across both product and engineering teams to bring creative and innovative solutions to the expanding platforms and product sets.
You will lead multiple levels of managers to accomplish Enterprise Engineering and Platform Services (EEPS) strategy to support the broader enterprise, along with the growth agenda of both platforms, people and products.
You will be expected to independently create an effective story around any business need, present the need across the organization persuasively, adjust spontaneously and achieve approvals.
Representative responsibilities will include:
- Drive Performance - Optimize talent and drive creativity & innovation
- Lead Change - Design & drive new strategies; Deliver rapidly changing products/services/processes; Deliver under high uncertainty & ambiguity
- Deliver Results - Lead a centralized team; Correlate strategies and tactics to high value outcomes
- Managing Risk & Reputation - Deliver in risk averse contexts; Operate with resource constraints
- Lead Teams and Individuals - Hire top talent; Support team career progression; Guide and provide feedback; Clear obstacles while keeping good relationship; Manage work capacity and prioritization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- 15 + years of Product experience, 10 + of which should be in a managerial role
- Effective at building mutually beneficial executive-level relationships internally and externally, positioning the organization and representing the enterprise
- Track record of leading through other leaders to accomplish team goals
- Anticipate, and independently examine the business to assess needs in the context of the larger organization and lead the creation of an actionable strategic plan for the group (mobilizing internal and external resources as needed)
- Ability to create strategy based on market/stakeholder need including messaging and positioning, identification of marketing strategies, media planning, measurement, and analytics
- Ability to manage research projects with internal and external resources, including identification of information needs, hypothesis tests and/or response to content
- Guide and impact team members’ work to create marketing strategy based on market/stakeholder need including messaging and positioning, identification of marketing strategies, media planning, measurement and analytics
- Ability to manage outside vendor/agency relationships against budget, quality/creative standards and timeliness
- Understanding of competition within and across multiple portfolio/ product line(s)
- Track record of success building long-term relationships across the cSuite
- Demonstrated ability to provide valuable insights and logical explanations when faced with difficult questions
- Previous experience leading strategy, emerging tech and innovation work
- Familiar with variety of problem-solving approaches and frameworks
- Established track record of leading multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Provide strategic thought leadership and analytical rigor supporting business decisions
- Willingness to travel domestically, up to 25% of the time
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 10 + years of professional experience in the healthcare industry
- 10 + years of leading technical products and portfolios
- Highly proficient in managing a multi-product portfolio that achieves budget and timeline goals
- 10 + years of experience mentoring and developing team members
- History of leading and motivating cross-functional teams
- MBA or graduate degree in business or healthcare
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.