Responsible for administration and oversight of youth education and youth scholarship programs of The American Legion. Serves as staff liaison to the Committee on Youth Education. Oversees tracking and disbursement of scholarship awards for all American Legion youth programs. Oversees administration of the Hattie K. Tedrow
Memorial Fund scholarships and grants. Serves as staff liaison and oversees U.S. Flag Code education. Serves as staff liaison to the Citizenship & Naturalization Subcommittee of the Americanism Commission.
1. Serves as staff liaison to the national Americanism Commission’s Committee on Youth Education which includes, but not limited to: helping execute strategies developed by the committee; preparing meeting agendas, reports, communications, etc. for the committee chairman; assisting the committee chairman with facilitating committee meetings as needed; serves as staff subject-matter expert and a resource for program information.
2. Manager for administration of the Samsung American Legion Scholarship and the American Legion Legacy Scholarship, to include, but not limited to: oversight and administration of application processes; distribution of materials and preparation of applications for screening by the national selection committee; promotion of the scholarship availability; tracking and disbursing scholarship award funds.
3. Administratively processes, tracks and issues scholarship award funds of Americanism youth programs, which includes American Legion Baseball, American Legion Junior Shooting Sports, American Legion Boys Nation, the American Legion National Oratorical Contest, and Scouting.
4. Oversees and administers the Hattie K. Tedrow Memorial Fund; reviews and distributes applications and materials for annual notification and corresponds accordingly with the Hattie K. Tedrow Board of Trustees, American Legion Department of North Dakota and applicable posts, and the Finance Division.
5. Serves as a primary subject matter expert for U.S. Flag Code education; answers incoming inquiries. Responsible for monitoring White House proclamations webpage for management and coordination of half-staff notification service of The American Legion.
6. Serves as staff liaison to the Americanism Commission’s Citizenship & Naturalization Subcommittee, which is responsible matters relating to being a citizen of the United States, and the assimilation and naturalization of lawful immigrants. Staff duties include, but not limited to: helping execute strategies developed by the committee; preparing meeting agendas, reports and communications for the committee chairman; supporting and assisting the committee chairman with the facilitation of meetings as needed; serves as staff subject-matter expert and a resource for the Get Out The Vote (GOTV) program.
7. Assists with coordination and logistical support of annual national Combined Americanism Conference program session(s) as may be assigned.
8. Responsible for research, preparation, review and update/revision of assigned literature and publications.
9. Prepares annual budgets and exercises fiscal oversight for administrative, program and operational expenditures as assigned.
10. Travels as a representative, and at the direction of the National Organization, to meetings of The American Legion, and to other meetings related to the work of the Americanism Commission.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Director, Americanism.